may be check out the scope....(session/request)...
Your FormBean should be stored in same scope as mentioned in struts-config.xml...

Sonam Belbase wrote:
OK thanks Brice and Manish,

I was not able to retrieve the values of my form properties in my action and
according to your explanations, I can rule out reset() as the source of the
problem.

Thanks.

SB

Manish Singla wrote:

Please see below ..
Sonam Belbase wrote:

I'm trying to understand ActionForms a bit better and here is my
question:

If the servlet controller automatically invokes the reset() method
before passing the ActionForm bean to the Action implementation class
instance, how can you use the form's properties' values in your action?

After reset() is invoked, struts populate the ActionForm Bean . FYI: Struts populate ActionForm Bean with all request params (post/get/...) using reflection.

Is this why in the action, you need to downcast the form argument passed
by the controller servlet to your Actionform as such:

String userName = ((LoginForm) form).getUserName();

We downcast in Action because in Action we receive base class "ActionForm".

Thanks,
SB

Manish Singla

--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender
does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does
not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

Thanks
Manish Singla
x73166