You can just use JavaScript passing some parameters

You can also try this approach:
http://husted.com/struts/tips/003.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Frers Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 6:54 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: html:submit and 2 buttons

Hello

just a little question about the taglib

i want to have one form with 2 buttons in it

one button should do "new"
the other "update"

how can i make my action class know which button was hit?

additionally i want that the buttons get there labels from a property file
that works as shown below but how can i now make my action class know which
button is hit?