Nathan Coast wrote:

How do I set locale specific date formats? I tried setting org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.format.date with format strings within locale specific applicationResources.properties but the format keeps coming out the same

Fri Nov 21 16:46:05 CST 2003

any ideas?

For displaying on a JSP page? You can use JSTL...

<fmt:setLocale value='en-US'/>
<fmt:formatDate value='${dateVariable}'/>

or set the pattern based on a locale and then...

<fmt:formatDate value='${dateVariable}' pattern='${datePattern}'/>

Probably the JSTL Master Kris Schneeder could chime in here with a better way. I could be way off.

--
Rick