I've been trying to find the best way to handle a situation where you
have various formats for a tile and the tile appearance is chosen at
run-time.

<definition name="showList" extends="mainLayout">
  <put name="header" value="/header.jsp"/>
  <put name="body" value="/????"/>
  <put name="footer" value="/footer.jsp"/>
</definition>

And I have content1.jsp, content2.jsp and content3.jsp which can be
loaded into the page

Should I:

1.  Have a single tile with choose statements to determine the format.
2.  Have a single master tile which chooses between various tiles and
loads the selected one?  (If possible?)
3.  Have a ClassController or TilesAction class which changes the tile
object and loads the chosen tile into the tile object before displaying
it.  (If so how is this done?  Any examples available?)

I found a couple similar references in the archives but no definitive
answer.

Thanks,
Brady

PS:  It would be cool if you could create an action for a tile and then
do an actionForward which returns the chosen tile into the correct spot
on the calling page but I don't believe this is possible.  At least I've
never seen anything that indicated it could be done.