From: Daniel Massie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 4:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JAAS and roles attribute of logic:present

I am using JAAS to login to the secure areas of my application,
localhost:8080/app/admin with the role admin being required for access.
Using <logic:present roles="admin"> within pages with
localhost:8080/app/admin as the base url works perfectly, but when I try

to use it in any other url localhost:8080/app the principle is null. Is
it possible to manually add the JAAS subject to the HttpSession so that
it can be used with the logic tags?If so by which key must it be added
to the session?

thanks
Daniel
--