Thanks for your replay!

But that was not exactly what I was looking for ;)
Maybe my description wasn't clear enough!
So I'll try again:

1. I can create a WAR file using ANT (see Appendix: ANT)
2. I can deploy it in Tomcat
3. I can not deploy it in WebSphere!
   Error message: missing DTD ~ deployment descriptor
   Although I defined my web.xml correct (I think - see Appendix:
web.xml)

I searched the IBM website for a document which describes the process of
migrating a tomcat app 2 WebSphere, but I could not find any.

Again:
Has anyone done that before?
Or/And has anyone a HowTo which explains the process?

Thanks
Oliver

Appendix: web.xml
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

Appendix: ANT

    <!-- Create binary distribution -->
    <target name="war" depends="build">
      <mkdir dir="${build.dir}"/>
      <war
        basedir="../"
        warfile="${build.dir}/${project.distname}.war"
        webxml="web.xml">
        <exclude name="WEB-INF/${build.dir}/**"/>
        <exclude name="WEB-INF/src/**"/>
        <exclude name="WEB-INF/*exadel*"/>
        <exclude name="WEB-INF/*.pex"/>
        <exclude name="WEB-INF/*.rex"/>
        <exclude name="WEB-INF/web.xml"/>
       </war>

    </target>

    <target name="deploy" depends="war">
       <delete file="${deploy.dir}/${project.distname}.war"/>
       <delete dir="${deploy.dir}/${project.distname}"/>
       <copy file="${build.dir}/${project.distname}.war"
todir="${deploy.dir}"/>
    </target>