Actually, the NPE is being thrown from a class/method internal to
WebLogic.  You need to address this with BEA support, not struts-user.

-----Original Message-----
From: Abhishek Srivastava [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello All,

I had posted this yesterday, but didn't receive any response so far.
This error is coming more and more frequently when we increase the load
on struts. Worst thing is that the stack trace shows that this error is
not originated from any of my source. It seems to be an error being
thrown by struts.

The error is coming only during load testing. It doesn't come during a
single user testing.

I am using struts 1.1 on BEA weblogic 8.1 on HP-UX 11i.

Can anyone who is an expert on struts internals have a look at this and
tell me what is going wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance.[Sorry for reposting this... But since
using struts was my idea, now I am being questioned... And I have no
clue about why this error comes]

Here is the stack trace :

<Jan 15, 2004 10:02:28 PM IST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020>
<[ServletContext(id=28318025,name=testWebApp,context-path=/testWebApp)]
Servlet failed with Exception java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Se
rvle
tStubImpl.java:1053)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java
:387)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java
:305)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl$ForwardAction.run(Reques
tDis
patcherImpl.java:382)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
bjec
t.java:317)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118
)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatche
rImp
l.java:286)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.jav
a:10
69)
        at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProc
esso
r.java:274)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestPr
oces
sor.java:455)
        at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(Tiles
Requ
estProcessor.java:320)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
279)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Se
rvle
tStubImpl.java:1053)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java
:387)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java
:305)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.r
un(W
ebAppServletContext.java:6310)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
bjec
t.java:317)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118
)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServl
etCo
ntext.java:3622)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.
java
:2569)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

Regards,
Abhishek.