Ok.

I'll try to be more clear:

- I don't want to use JSPs when working with Struts, neither the Taglibs.
Instead, I want to be able to delegate the presentation on an external
component.

- In order to do that, I must be able to access the data to be presented
(i.e. access the appropriate ActionForm) from that external component,
in consistency with Struts handlign of scope and other concepts.

- It seems like Struts would expect you to (finally surrender and) use
JSP + JSP tags, although it does not formally obliges you to do so. I've
been checking both the source code for the tag libs and the .java-s
generated by them and I get this strong impression that there is happening a
lot more "behind the scenes" that one would suppose (and Struts would
recognize). This would not worry me if there were Java classes that, not being
"JSP-oriented", still allowed me to do everything (or even 50%) Struts' JSP-tags do. I
don’t say they don't exist. I just have not found
them.

- I don't see why you say I'm conflating those 2 issues (please, explain it to me :)
). I'm not introducing anything new inside the framework, nor am I changing its normal
behaviour. I'm respecting the roles assigned to each component. I believe what I'm
doing is - precisely - prevent (or, at least, make it more difficult to) the developer
from mixing control and presentation (on a JSP); moreover, I'm allowing the TOTAL
separation of HTML and Java by encapsulating the dynamic generation of the view in a
Java object especially designed for that purpose (for good). Anyway, I'm absolutely
open to any comments / opinnions you can provide in this regard.

IMPORTANTE NOTICE:

I don't want start a discussion here about how good or bad Struts is:
- I don't have time for that,
- I don't have yet the required level of knowledge and expertise (on Struts,
that is) to make such judgement,
- That's not the point for this posting.

This said, I'll be really looking forward to anything anybody is willing
to collaborate with.

Thanx again!
Freddy.