From: Ricky Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 6:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: how to output html symbol to jsp page from user-defined taglib?

hi, thanks for reading..

i have a problem about output a html symbol from
taglib....

if i in a jsp page, use the code below:

<%
String abc="&gt;";
out.println(abc);
%>

it can show the symbol ">";

if in my taglib class, i use code below:

pageContext.setAttribute("symbal", "&gt;");

and in the jsp page, i use code below to output the
page context attrubite.

<c:out value="${symbal}" />

it doesn't show me the ">" symbol, it still show me

please help me....thanks!