From: José Gustavo Zagato [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 1:25 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Performance Issues regarding tag libraries

Hi Folks !

        I've been made some performance test with a new web application
developed entirely using the struts 1.1. Analyzing the response from a
simple database search I discovered that some struts tags generates way
to much "blank spaces" and "TAB" characters. There is any chance to
avoid this
Behavior ? It might appear to be a stupid issue, but I made some other
tests with the same search operation and I replace the struts tags for
"regular code" and the response size decreases at least 30%. If someone
wants I can send the response generated by struts and any other file.

Cheers !

José Gustavo Zagato Rosa
System Analyst - Atos Origin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]