> With Struts 1.1, we have support for both error messages and
> non-error messages.  We use saveMessages() for non-error and
> saveErrors() for error messages.  In our JSPs, we can use the

OK, that helps. But can you tell me why I can't use saveErrors with an
ActionMessages object?

I have something like this:

ActionMessage newError = new ActionMessage("error.generic.placeholder",
msg);
ActionMessages errors = new ActionMessages();
errors.add( ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, newError );
saveErrors( request, errors );

And I get this error message:

saveErrors(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors) in org.apache.struts.action.Action
cannot be applied to (javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages)

According to the javadoc, there's a deprecated saveErrors that takes an
ActionErrors object, and a non-deprecated one that takes an ActionMessages
object. This message is apparently telling me that the non-deprecated one
doesn't exist. I'm using Struts 1.1.

--
Tim Slattery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]