From: Slattery, Tim - BLS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 12:35 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Problem with tags and overloaded methods

> Just so it's clear, I'm assuming that you have the "get"
> method overloaded, with the same method name being used for
> two different properties (even if you consider them the same
> conceptual property).

> I would guess that's always a bad idea.

Huh? I thought that's what we were supposed to do for indexed
properties.

> I'm somewhat
> surprised that it works on one platform with the same
> appserver, and doesn't on the other. Are they using the same
> WLS version and JDK version?

Hmm..the local server is using JDK  1.3.1_06, and the dev server is
using 1.3.1_10. I don't know what WLS is.

Hmm...we were warned that 1.3.1_10 was more picky that what we had been
using on the dev server in parsing properties. I'll have to look closely
at the page that works in both environments with no changes, I thought
it was doing the same thing in a couple of places.

--
Tim Slattery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]