From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 2:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: File-Upload: Progress-Bar

Hello everybody!

I'm up to the task to implement a progress bar for File-Uploads, cause the
files that are uploaded to my Webapp can be quite large.
Well as usual this problem is not easily solved on the HTTP-Browser upload
side.

I'm using Struts here so I'm also using the commons/FileUpload. I was
planning to do it that way that I assign a unique number to every
session's-upload and keep the current status of an upload in a singleton for
access. In an additional frame (with refresh) I would like to show the
progress bar.

My question: Has anybody done something like this with Struts before and can
give me some little advise? Or more specific: Is it possible to first get
the complete filesize from the FormFiles and the do the real Upload during
the Action (keeping track of the read bytes)

Thx for every help!!

Tim Adler, Abt. SDA1
Adress Management Solutions
AZ | Direct