I understand. Thanks for the algorith below,  though!

Pady Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot give out our code. But it basically involves the
following:

1. LoginFilter authenticates the user. Creates a User object.
2. LoginFilter calls a ConfigManager to build a Menu for the User.
3. ConfigManager loads the user profile from an xml file. Gets the role
assigned to the user.
4. ConfigManager passes the Role object to a MenuManager and asks it to
build a Menu object.
5. The LoginFilter sets the User and the Menu in the session context.
6. Then the LoginFilter forwards the url to the default page or the
requested page.
7. On each page, the header section is a jsp which looks for the Menu
object and builds the corresponding Menu which has all the categories to be
accessed.

Thanks

-- pady

[EMAIL PROTECTED]