You shouldn't have to worry about the request processor. The multipart
handler is pluggable, so you can simply replace the one Struts uses with
your own by specifying the class name in the 'multipartClass' attribute of
the <controller> element in your Struts config file.

The multipart handler is invoked at the point at which the form bean is
being populated from the request. There's some slightly hairy magic that
goes on to make this work in a Servlets 2.2 environment, and I'm looking
forward to removing that for Struts 2. For now, I'd recommend staying away
from there and doing what you need inside the multipart handler itself.

--
Martin Cooper

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hello everybody!

progress-bars during fileupload. I made progress on this in that manner that
I have a patched version of the commons-fileupload-library which can do the
thing.

But now I have to change the way Struts handles the FileUpload. I know that
I can overwrite the RequestProcessor and implement my own one. I hope that
it is possible to achieve my goal by doing this. What I basically need, is
the sport where Struts reads the files from the multipart-request into the
DiskFileUpload, since at this spot the progress bar tugs in.

Can somebody tell me a good way to do this? I know that there is a
CommonsMultipartRequestHandler which starts on doing this. But where exactly
does Struts utilize this thing?

Thx for any help! Hope this is not too specific.

Tim Adler, Abt. SDA1
Adress Management Solutions
AZ | Direct
Carl-Bertelsmann Straße 161s