> From: Mark Shifman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Unfortunately LookupDispatchAction checks for the parameter
> an throws an
> error before it gets a chance to use unspecified(), but it should
> be easy enough to modify it and then override dispatchActions
> unspecified().

What version?  I think unspecified works right at least since 1.2.0,
probably before that.

But you can use the fact that execute is always called first, so
override execute and check for the parameter.  If it's there, just call
super.execute() and things will work, if it's not there, look
up/construct an ActionForward and return that.

Looking at some old code, that's what I used to do... The newer project
doesn't have an execute method and it works fine when the parameter for
a LookupDispatchAction is not in the request.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.