On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-de...@silbe.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Walter Bender's message of Tue Jul 27 00:01:01 +0200 2010:
>
>> Not sure what else I can do. I've incorporated all of the suggestion
>> from Marco et al. Just awaiting final review.
> Even your latest patch still contains code that is specific to OLPC builds
> and will break on other systems.

I understand that it is specific to OLPC, since it is for supporting
hardware that is only found on the OLPC. But this is the first I have
heard that it will break on other systems. Is my test in setup somehow
inadequate?

> Of course it's perfectly fine for you to say you only care about OLPC builds
> for XO-1 (because the number of XO-1s running non-OLPC builds is minimal,
> especially if you don't count developers). But in that case your patch should
> be included in the OLPC builds, not in Sugar mainline.

To include this in OLPC builds and not Sugar in general is a
reasonable argument. The only counter argument I could make would be
that some portion of the OLPC users are relying on builds that are not
provided directly by OLPC. As long as there is a way to pull these
bits in for them, it matters not to me whom provides them.

thanks.

-walter

> Sascha
>
> --