Try this [1]:
It will give you Sweets Distribution directly without going through Ubuntu first.

   * Log out
   * Log in session: (stared wheel in top - right corner of gdm window)

   drop down box appears:

* Sweets Distribution <=Pick this one Ubuntu Ubuntu 2D
   *

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Ubuntu/Tests#Ubuntu_11.10_with_Sugar_0.94_via_Sweets_Distribution