On 02/21/2013 04:35 PM, Manuel QuiƱones wrote:
2013/2/21 Walter Bender <walter.ben...@gmail.com>:
I've had to make a similar change in my activities as well. (I guess I
missed the patch go by when self._shared_activity became
self.shared_actvity)  There is a also a method,
self.get_shared_activity(), which might be better than directly
referencing the instance variable. I suppose it is a style issue.

Thanks both Ajay and Walter for looking at this.

Thanks for digging that up!

Yes, git log says to me that the usage of _shared_activity was marked
as deprecated in the code for a long time, and get_shared_activity was
the recommended form.  This deprecation was removed in commit 70cee447
of toolkit-gtk3 in January 2012, and the API change was stated in 0.96
release notes:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.96/Notes#API.

We should check if other activities are still using it.  Help welcome.

I did it for Memorize in the GTK+ 3 work already [1]. I added an extra note to the 0.98 Notes [2].

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/memorize/mainline/commit/d23d46cac218d7495890904f84d4ef66de7bdb49
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.98/Notes#API

Simon