Srevin,
Srevin Saju <mailto:srevi...@gmail.com>
March 4, 2020 at 10:07 AM
I agree to Prashant. To me Slack seems to be a viable option, and indeed popular too. But unfortunately due to historical reasons, we might not move to another platform. Nevertheless, it might be of interest to other developers in the community
We will not be moving our real-time communication mechanism to Slack, or any other proprietary chat platform. See my other e-mail for a bit more of an explanation as to why, or, if you've got 20 minutes, please read this article: https://sneak.berlin/20200220/discord-is-not-an-acceptable-choice-for-free-software-projects/

I use slack daily for communications with work colleagues, and don't hate it, though I wish their stand-alone clients didn't use a shitload of RAM (they're Electron-based browser apps)