I also like to maintain the integrity of the original sources and patches. But my limited knowledge prevented me from creating rpm to get the result I wanted.

I think the PIA should already be built and not as a patch or added. I would also create a good solution for the cacti rpm without PIA. And create another rpm to add the PIA.
For example:
    cacti-0.8.7g-3.rf.src.rpm
    cacti-0.8.7g-PIA-2.9-3.rf.src.rpm

If I had enough knowledge myself I would.

It would also be advisable to include a message with a few instructions, such as the creation of the database:

mysql -u root -pdbadmin-e 'CREATE DATABASE `cacti` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;' mysql -u root -pdbadmin-e "CREATE USER 'cactiuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'cactiuser';" mysql -u root -pdbadmin-e 'GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `cacti` . * TO 'cactiuser'@'localhost';'
mysql -u cactiuser -pcactiuser cacti < /var/www/cacti/cacti.sql

Regards