Today the satellite blockage outline drawn last March worked great (4 Oct.
'05).  Scroll down to see the Sun's image in the blockage area:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/Sundial.shtml#SSB

In the intervening months I've been drawing an Analemma by using a 3"x5" card
with some elliptical guides with a small hole in the center.

But with an indoor mirror there is part of the year when the South wall of the
house is in shadow (good thermal design).  The solution would be to build a
concrete pier outside the window and locate the mirror there so that it would
get Sun the year around.

I've also epoxied the mirror to the window sill so that it will not wander.  By
pressing down on the window sill the spot can me moved dramatically even though
the sill feels solid.

Having Fun,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE
--