Hi Andrew:

One thing you can do is read the patent images and look for citations of prior
art.
Sometimes this is on the first written page, sometimes on the last page and
sometimes in the description of prior art.
Once you have the patent number then go there and look for more citations.

I have some Sundial Patents at:
<http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/SD_Pat2.htm>

Have Fun,

Brooke