On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Roger Bailey wrote:

> test the spreadsheet. I still had a couple of problems. The program set its
> own date format default. This varies for different country set-ups. I had to
> use DD/MM/YYYY rather than the MM/DD/YYYY format that you specified. Then I
> got the right answers.

Hi, Roger!

  Great job converting to Excel format - thanks for getting that out of
the way for us...  On the date format issue, I just tried fixing it, and
seemed to have no problem: I right-clicked on cell A9 (the Date input),
selected <Format Cells>, then <Date>, and chose an acceptable form, in my
case, the one illustrated as "3/4/97". The input display immediately
changed from 09/10/02 to 10/9/02, and all calculated values remained the
same as before. Note that in ths case, I only need two year digits.

Dave
37.28N
121.97W