Message text written by INTERNET:sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de

>A word to the wise - OPTICAL zoom is the thing.  Digital 'zoom' just
> clips the middle from the image.<

Exactly right.  However, worse than that Tony (at least with my 3.3MPxl
Canon) when set to use Digital Zoom the wretched thing doesn't even change
to use the highest resolution for the bit that is clipped from the middle!
You do better by changing to highest resolution and simply take the snap at
maximum optical zoom.  Then you can select the bit you want later....

It seems to me that digital zoom merely limits the image to the part in
which you are interested!

Patrick

Forwarding addresses:
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.dunelm.org.uk/homepages?patrick_powers
Lat:     N  51d. 49m. 09s:  Long: W 00d. 21m. 53s