From: "John Carmichael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Sundial List" <sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de>
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 11:08 AM
Subject: Sundial Carpet

Hello All:

A person who does solar consultations and experiments for architects (she
uses a heliodon) contacted me after having viewed the Stained Glass
website.  A new library is being built in Washington state and she is

wants

to incorporate an interior sundial in the main lobby entrance. We

discussed

projection stained glass on the ceiling, and aperture gnomons dials on the
wall. Talks are still underway with the design team, but we will probably
use the aperture gnomon design that uses a hole in the southern wall that
projects a beam of light onto a sundial face on the floor.

When we discussed how to put the drawing on the floor, I suggested using a
colorful design woven in the carpeting.  I know that it is now possible to
order a custom-woven carpet that uses digital computer aided equipment to
reproduce any design.

Have any of you ever heard of a sundial carpet?

John