Hello all,

> In the Bond film GoldenEye (at 23 minutes) there is a Pilkington & Gibbs
> heliochronometer.    Strangely it's on the rail of a yacht, but I guess
> the set dressing people had just been told to find something scientific
> and brassy to put there.   For a couple of frames it fills the screen,
> so much so you can even make out the little holes in the bases of the
> uprights!

Yes, there is a P&G heliochronometer in GoldenEye.  I have pics of the scene
somewhere, if anyone would like to see them.  There is also one in another of
the Bond movies, though I can't remember which at the moment.  If I remember
I'll post the title.

I have wondered about the possible usefulness of having a heliochronometer
onboard a ship as well...

Best,

Jim Tallman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]