To: <sundial@uni-koeln.de>
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:01 PM
Subject: Terminator

I have a site on my browser, www.mapmaker.com/shadowfacts/sunweb.asp that shows the terminator throughout the year. It is fascinating to see how rapidly the shape changes, and I was astonished to see this evening that it is nearly a straight line, as we approach the equinox.

Of course, a little thought shows that I have should have expected this, but to see it on a 'flat earth' reminds one of what is happening to a globe, or the earth itself.

I expect others have more fun with other representations!

Doug