I have had the enquiry below from a student and I believe the group's 'international skills' will provide more answers than I can with our lack of such dials in the British Isles.

Regards, Doug

[24 Feb 09] Dear Mr. Bateman

I am an architecture student at studying on astronomical architecture, Im looking for examples of domes which act as sundials, Unfortunately there isn't much detail about these kinds of domes in the world, I wonder if Your honorable could introduce me any resources related to this topic.

Sincerely yours

Mohammad Vaez,
Bachelor of Arts
Faculty of Fine Arts
University of Tehran
Tel. +98-21-26058691
Email: mv_20...@yahoo.com

[27 Feb 09]
Dear Mr. Bateman

Thank you for replying to my question, The only example I have found is the Pantheon dome which the sun shines from the hole exactly at the top on the coffering surface of the dome itself which it is said to be a sundial, I will be glad to recieve any technical information from an international expert.