This morning I read the message about symbols for sunrise and sunset.
I think it is an interesting question and I'm surprised there aren't any
specific symbols for this purpose and, in generally, for an event which starts
and ends every day.

This morning I was starting for a walking on mountain, the path was very
narrow, overhanging a gorge for kilometers, so we had to walk in line without
the possibility to talk one to another for the most of time.
There was only the possibility to look at the panorama (great), to take
pictures and to think. Before starting I gave to the other people a topic to
think; which symbols could represent the start and the end of the day or, in
generally, of another daily event.
The symbols had to be: black and white, not complicated, not writed and without
other direction symbols.
Now, at the end of the walking, the results are:
- an open eye and a closed one
- an apple and a bited apple
- a whole tube toothpaste and the same empty and coiled
- an open window and the same closed
- a lighted wax candle and the same dead and worned-out
- a whole egg and the same hatched
- a screw and a nut separated, the same screwed together
- other off topic and other I can't refer here
I hope this activity will be useful, now I don't know, anyway nobody is fallen
down :-)

ciao, Fabio Savian