From: sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de [mailto:sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de] On
Behalf Of Darek Oczki
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:32 PM
To: sundial@uni-koeln.de
Subject: 2 questions: declination & animation

Dear Diallists

I've got two practical questions:

1. Let's say I have a photograph of a sundial. I do not know where it was
originally located. Is there a way to discover the values of the declination
and latitude it was designed for? There are clear hour and declination lines on
the dial.

2. A friend of mine is helping a student in an attampt to reconstruct an old
missing dial. They need a software which allows to make an animation of a
shadow's path over the dial. Is there anything that would help them?

I would be most grateful for any suggestions.

--
Best regards
Darek Oczki

GNOMONIKA.pl