From: Александр Болдырев
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:25 AM
To: sundial@uni-koeln.de
Subject: Art-gnomonist co-op

Friends,

Sometimes sculptors cooperate with sundial makers in order to make an art piece
like these:

http://www.waymarking.com/gallery/image.aspx?f=1&guid=eb82926d-df5e-4ce9-a1b4-5e89fd892a65&lat=38.56085&lon=-90.255933&t=6

which is a re-make of an original sample http://www.tfsimon.com/chartres.htm
perhaps for the reason that almost everything is already done in this field.

(it is a large page – scroll in down)

But this photo I have got recently perplexed me. It is an original piece of
art. The photo is made in Buenos Aires two years ago. You may download the high
resolution picture from my page: http://www.boldyrevsundials.com/share1.html

This art nouveau-stylized masterpiece is made in 1914. Nothing more is known.

Who was the author?
What he/she was?
Do you know other original samples of successful sculptor-gnomonist cooperation?
Perhaps, you made one or had a part in such a work?

Please, share.

Aleks
www.sundials.ru
www.boldyrevsundials.com