It could be an indication for equal hours in the morning and unequal hours
(antique hours) in the afternoon: the fifth hour ... the fourth hour ... the
third hour (of the day since sunrise) etc.
The placement of the hour lines and of the style are, however, not correct.

Willy Leenders
Hasselt in Flanders (Belgium)

Visit my website about the sundials in the province of Limburg (Flanders) with
a section 'worth knowing about sundials' (mostly in Dutch):
http://www.wijzerweb.be

Op 5-sep-2012, om 04:16 heeft Bill Gottesman het volgende geschreven: