Hello,

Members of this list will I am sure be delighted to know that BSS President and
Britain's prolific sundial designer, Christopher Daniel MBE, has now placed on
his new website a collection of nearly 170 photographs covering his life in
dialling, his dials, their construction, their installation, the restoration of
other dials and much other related material never before gathered together like
this.

There are several other images and much descriptive text still to be added
which those who care to come back to the site in the coming weeks will be able
to see.

Christopher has also recently deposited his extensive archive of working
drawings and designs - all 71 boxes of them! - with the National Watch and
Clock Museum in Columbia PA, USA where it will shortly be available to
researchers.

Those interested to see Christopher's website and his Collection may find it
via a link from the popular English language Sundial Information and comment
web site "SunInfo" at:

http://bit.ly/suninfo

or directly by going to:

http://bit.ly/cstjhdaniel

At either of these addresses the collection may be viewed individually or as a
slideshow.  I hope you will agree with me that the Collection forms a
remarkable study of the life and times of a remarkable man.

Patrick Powers