Hi Marcello

To find when the sun is in opposition to a star, you must work with the Righty
Ascension. All our time measurements relate to the rotation of the earth about
the equator.
The equation for opposition is RA_sun = RA_star -12 hrs
but RA_sun = GMST - UTC - EoT +12 (all in hours)
thus GMST = RA_Star + UTC + EoT
and GMST = 6.6973374558 (Sun's HA at Greenwich at Epoch 2000) + 24 / 365.242191
* D_0:00 (days  from Epoch 2000 to UTC midnight) + 366.24219 / 365.242191 *
UTC_Hrs_since_midnight + minor precessional constant

(Epoch 2000 is noon UTC on 1 Jan 2000, EoT is the strict astronomical
definition = minus that commonly used by gnomonists)

With a bit of graph plotting and iteration, you can solve these two equations
to get the moment of opposition in terms of Date & UTC

If you want all details of all the basic theory, see
http://www.precisedirections.co.uk/Sundials/
There is a document there called  "Basic Solar Positional Astronomy"

Best wishes
Kevin