Hi Michael,

You are making life far too complicated by worrying about which definition of
sunrise to use for your assignation.

Here in Australia, if you are invited by a young (or older) woman to view a
sunrise from a beach, the only questions to be asked are “how much food and
beer / wine do I bring?” and “are you bringing the picnic rug?”

But we are now in grip of winter in Sydney, and only the truly brave (or those
well fortified by alcohol anti-freeze) would venture to the beach in the vain
hope of glimpsing the dawn through the clouds.

I’m not too sure about using “aurora” in the context of dawn. I spent many
hours lying in the snow in winter (~ –30C) in Antarctica looking up at auroras,
and it’s something I’ve never forgotten. Whether rippling sheets of light, or
shooting beams, they were pure magic. Far, far better than any sunrise.

Cheers, John

John Pickard
john.pick...@bigpond.com