In message <cacouayqb2vmbu9l9tcs9bsv_yqmn-wsveul89cx9k9racyt...@mail.gmail.com>
          Dan-George Uza <cerculdest...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> We are witnessing a few interesting developments! After Turkey decided a
> few months ago to remain on Daylight Saving Time all year round, Hungary is
> now considering to do the same.
>
> http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/hungary-mulls-staying-on-daylight-saving-time-all-year-round/
>
> If the measure passes, neighboring countries Hungary and Romania will share
> the same official time for half of the year although they are located in
> different time zones (CET and EET respectively). For eastern Hungary the
> sun sets at about 15:40 during winter, i.e more than an hour ahead of
> Paris, which shares its time zone.
>
> I'm wondering: aren't EU member states supposed to equally follow DST by
> law?
>

> Dan Uza

Hi, Dan

You are PARTLY correct - but (as I understand it), all EU member countries
must CHANGE their clocks on the SAME date, although they still keep their
individual Time-zones.  For example, UK and Ireland are on GMT, whereas
France/Germany are on CET, and countries such as Greece on CET + 1 hour.

There are other examples of locations which are on PERMANENT 'Daylight
Saving' time - for example here in Canada, the province of Saskatchewan
should really be in the 'Mountain' zone (GMT-7), but always STAYS in the
'Central' zone (GMT-6) and so does NOT change its clocks twice a year.

I am afraid that these things are always for the Politicians to decide!

Sincerely,

Isabella McFedries.