Dear group,

While visiting the Barcelona CosmoCaixa this spring I saw a wonderful
looking astrolabe on display in the science museum gift shop.

It is the one listed below:

http://www.antiquus.es/p-172/Orientacion-y-Medida/Astrolabio/Astrolabio-Arsenius-20-(dos-latitudes)

This brass plated astrolabe measures 20 cm / almost 8" and it comes with
two base plates for two different latitudes (41 and 45 degrees).

I was very tempted to buy it but after doing some research back home I
found that there are some inaccuracies in the rete and alidade design. They
are pointed out in the link below (in Spanish).

http://www.oagarraf.net/Comunicacions/ASTROLABI/INDEX%20ASTROLABI.html

Can you sugest other working astrolabes in this price range?

Dan Uza