Nathaniel,
the last issue of The Compendium contains an article about my program
Orologi Solari that now includes bifilar sundials design.

Note that bifilar sundials may include two straight wires as well as
catenaries and/or wires arbitrarily shaped in space.
All the features of the program (such as a wide range of time and
astronomical systems, data export both in numerical and in graphical
format, simulation etc.) are applicable to this new family of sundials too.

You can find a presentation on the subject at the following address:
http://www.sundials.eu/download/bifilareENU.pdf

An example of a bifilar sundial with arbitrary shaped wires can be seen at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD22oba6RyQ&t=18s
This is a bifilar sundial with a double helix in front of a polar plane.
The design was performed with Orologi Solari. Then the result was exported
to a DXF file, slightly modified with a CAD program and then imported to
SketchUp for the simulation (OS can perform this same simulation however
the point of view is fixed in front of the wall).

Hope this can be helpful.
Especially dial simulation with OS can be a great help for the evaluation
of the feasibility of a bifilar sundial at your location.

Greetings.
Gian Casalegno