Yes, the Boy Scouts of America at least used to sell a Compass-Oriented
Dyptich dial with several concentric rings, each having different
hour-lines, and with its string-gnomon adjustable for latitude, with
several attachment-points on the vertical surface. I think it accommodated
3 latitudes. The hour-line rings were rectangular, it seems to me.

Someone at this forum designed a universal Horizontal-Dial whose hour lines
were curved lines originating from the gnomon-string's base-attrachment,
with latitude-labeled concentric circles telling where to read the hour
lines for the various latitudes.  ...and of course with the string-gnomon
slidable in a vertical slot in the vertical surface.

Michael Ossipoff