Sean Clarke wrote on 02/26/07 03:04:
Dave Hwang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Anyone able to get the Flash 9 plugin working correctly on SRSS Linux?
On my server (Fedora Core 5), it looks like the red and blue colors are
switched for any flash site, though audio seems to be working fine. I've
been trying to stick with the Flash 7 plugin, which was working fine,
but now there are too many web sites that insist on the newer version.

Are other people seeing this problem, or is it working for you, and if
so, what distribution are you running?

Hi Dave,
    Yes, I am also having this problem - I put it down to the SRSS
compression

It's not caused by compression. It's caused by a bug in the flash plugin
in that it's assuming the colour mask that the X server is using,
instead of querying it. If you use xdpyinfo in your Sun Ray session,
you'll probably see something like:

    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000

whereas in your Linux PeeCee, you might see:

    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff

So when the flash plugin assumes the latter, but you're using the
former, reds will appear as blue and blues appear as red, but greens
will be OK.

I'm not sure why the reverse mask if used on Sun Ray, but the root
problem is that the flash plugin shouldn't make assumptions. You should
try to report this to Adobe - I'm not sure if it's a "known issue" for
Linux or not...

    ~D..