Von: sunray-users-boun...@filibeto.org
[mailto:sunray-users-boun...@filibeto.org] Im Auftrag von Jayme Snyder
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 09. Oktober 2013 18:46
An: SunRay-Users mailing list
Betreff: Re: [SunRay-Users] Success obtaining Oracle Premier Support for
Software on small Sun Ray deployments?

I am running -B currently, but have tried without it the same. I have also
played with my color depth options.
 -B on -A 24 -O <ip>

>From what I understood of  "Improved video playback on Windows 7 and
Windows Server 2008 R2" in 5.4 is that this only applies with Sun Ray
3 clients with SROS 11.

Chapter 3. 11.1.1 Release Notes for Release 11 -
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E41160_01/E41153/E41153.pdf

The Sun Ray Operating Software 11.1.1 release for Sun Ray Clients is required
for the following Sun Ray software 5.4 features:

 . Improved video playback on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Video playback using Windows Media Player has been improved when using Windows
7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 desktops on Sun Ray 3 Series Clients. This
improvement includes support for up to 720p videos in MPEG-2, H.264, and VC-1
video formats. See Video Acceleration in the Administration guide for details.

This is why I think I might be able to increase the performance by going to
11.1.1+, to some level, since I am running only the SROS firmware bundled
within SRS 5.2 (the last available firmware obtainable without a support
contract)