We also have a problem with sunray, I run the same versions as below.
I have change the cron.daily script, add ulimit 16384 to prefdm and create a
system-local.conf file for dbus.
I also have new gem rpm’s from Oracle foor the 26d problems.

I have made a service request about three month ago and finally after about
three months I got the message that there is a problem with Oracle linux 6.3 in
combination with sunray 5.4.2.
I hope to get a patch after Xmas, Oracle is working on a patch.

Can you do a grep  tainted /var/log/messages when it happens, by me I find aan
line with uttsc-bin not tainted every time things go wrong. When I find this
line and do not reboot the server the systems
stops after a time. This error message has to to do with the combination sunray
software and oracle linux.
I have replaced uttsc with rdesktop, but then the error message is rdesktop is
not tainted.

For the moment I run four sunray 5.3.1 servers and four sunray 5.4.2 servers.
The sunray 5.3.1 is not good but less problems then 5.4.2.
I have the 5.3.1 servers offline to test the 5.4.2 servers, when the problems
getting worse I put the 5.4.2. offline and the 5.3.1 online.

We have 800 tc’s and 500 users daily.

The problems appear with 10 users, 50 users, 150 users at one servers, I cannot
see that the amount of users has effect, it seems to happens randomly .

Hans Varkevisser
Op 26 dec. 2013, om 04:06 heeft Ken Mandelberg <k...@mathcs.emory.edu> het
volgende geschreven: