On 4/7/24 07:25, Laurent Bercot wrote:
I'm building a Linux system based on musl and Busybox. I'm considering using s6/s6-rc as an init/supervision system. I see there are good docs on all the skanet.org programs, but I can't find an example of a working configuration that puts them together. Is there an example available somewhere?

 In addition to everything that has been said, you could check out
lh-bootstrap. https://github.com/skarnet/lh-bootstrap

 It's a tool I use to build a complete VM using musl, busybox and skarnet.org
utilities from scratch, so I can test it under qemu. The layout of the
filesystem there should give you an idea of how I intend the whole thing
to be used. ;)

--
 Laurent

Hmmm... it appears lh-bootstrap already does most of what I'm trying to achieve. I was probably going to use a simple runit configuration because the s6 universe seemed to complex for me to figure out in a reasonable amount of time. I haven't dug into it yet so I don't know if I can use the tool itself to build my system, but building a working example gives me everything I need to see how things go together. Thanks, you've all been very helpful!

Jeff