On 24.02.22 06:16, Jan-willem De Bleser wrote:

Not an option to be its parent since there's no persistent supervisor of a
jail's root process, but that script using .s6-svscan/finish should do
nicely. Thanks for the suggestion!
I use s6-rc on the FreeBSD jail host as well to manage jails with their own supervision trees as long running services making the jail supervision tree a subtree of the host supervision tree. I prefer to let s6-rc handle state transitions instead of using the more limited state management support in the jail utility. I use one service bundle per jail containing a oneshot to create/destroy a persistent jail and a long run depending on the oneshot using jexec to start the supervision subtree inside the jail.