On Thu, 25 Dec 2008, Sebastian Marsching wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as a christmas present for the suPHP community, I just released suPHP
> 0.7.0. After this version has been running on one of my production
> servers for more than half a year, I regard it as stable enough to
> release it to the public.
>
> This release brings some features that have been on the wish list for a
> very long time:
>
> - Source code highlighting: You can now use the new content type
> "application/x-httpd-php-source" to render the highlighted source code
> of PHP files instead of executing them as scripts. This function
> basically works like the highlighting function of mod_php. The only
> thing, you have to do, is to use the "suPHP_PHPPath" directive to set
> the path to the PHP executable used for syntax highlighting. As the
> syntax highlighting is performed with webserver privileges, you have to
> make the file readable by the webserver. This should prevent accidental
> disclosure of confidential data (e.g. database passwords).

..I sent an email in to the mailing list about this a month ago, stating
that is was basically possible since the major blocking issue was that the
cgi versions of the php binary didn't do source higlighting (and now
apparently do).

Got no response from anyone, though.

Is this the same thing, or is it done another way?

> - No "underquoted definition" warning when rebuilding the GNU Autoconf
> scripts. While this had absolutely no consequences it was a nasty
> warning message that is gone now.

There was a permissions error that came up during make install -- did that
get fixed as well?

Happy Holidays

-Dan