It seems that suphp has block all environment variables to be access by
php-cgi.

I have compiled php with Oracle instant client. Oracle require an
environment variable "TNS_ADMIN" to locate the configuration file. If I
use mod_php, I have no problem connecting to oracle server. If I use
suphp to call php-cgi, I have following error

"TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

those configurations are set in tnsnames.ora file indicated by TNS_ADMIN.

I have no problem using "php-cli" and "php-cgi" in console with
TNS_ADMIN set.

My questions is that are there any way to pass some specific environment
variable to php-cgi, say configure in suphp.conf?

Grandy