On 6/30/2010 4:29 PM, Luke Jaeger wrote:
> thanks Jim -
>
> I got the impression from reading the pfsense forum that there is a way
> to block https for specific domains by denying the connect method - am I
> understanding this wrong?

That would still require they be routed through squid. Denying a connect
method is a function of squid, not of the firewall. (Though by blocking
port tcp/443 you can effectively deny that, unless it's running on an
alternate port...)

> Otherwise I might give WPAD a try.

There's a doc in the wiki which goes over how to configure it on
pfSense. It's not too hard, assuming the browsers are set for
auto-configure.

Jim