Dominic,

This is probably best done on another machine rather than on the pfsense box
itself. Squid with NTLM and AD integration (through samba/winbind) can be quite
demanding on system resources so I would recommend keeping this off your
firewall. In any case I don't believe the functionality for this is built into
the pfsense squid package (Some people have expressed their interest in it
though).

While squid is good for blocking known bad sites etc it is really quite limited
in how it can control access. For this reason I would recommend looking in to
using something such as DansGuardian. DG uses numerous rules to identify
offending content and can do a lot, it also now has built in NTLM
authentication support so you can control access based on the user without
having to 're-authenticate' the user.

I have been been running a proxy built with DansGuardian (Content Filter),
Squid (Caching proxy and NTLM authentication proxy), ClamAV (Virus Scanning)
and Samba (Winbind for domain auth) for a long time now with very few issues on
a medium sized domain (Note: You can do away with using squid as the NTLM auth
proxy as DG has NTLM support built in now).

This setup does for us what we were paying in excess of $7,000 per year for a
dedicated appliance to do.

Go to dansguardian.org for more info.

Regards,
Daniel Davis