>   3     0  117220824 hda
>   3     1   50110932 hda1
>  31     0     131072 mtdblock0
>  31     1        256 mtdblock1
>  31     2       7936 mtdblock2
>  31     3      24576 mtdblock3
>  31     4      81920 mtdblock4
>  31     5      12288 mtdblock5

How did you format the HDD? like described here
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=HDD_Format ?

The 3rd column shows number of blocks. hda1 block size is 2KB while hda -
1KB
You get the free space if you mount the partition and type in the console
"df -h", for example.

So you are formatting the whole HDD (provided you went the defaults when
creating partiotions on /dev/hda inside fdisk)

i understand the filesystem are not in the hda, right?

It's stored in the flash - mtdblocks - better not to touch them.

> mount /dev/hda1 /var/hdd
> nothing happens and when i restart (with reboot -f) the hdd folder
> isn't there...

The /var/ folder contents do not survive the reboot as it is usual for
linux.

Sebastian knows this better then I do -
I think /var/hdd is automatically created and once you access the recording
page or at least do the mounting from there.
I need to test it but something might be going wrong if you have HDD
already mounted by the time you first access the recording page. At the
first access after reboot the application for recording
(camogm<http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Camogm>)
is launched.

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev